Call for Applications 2023
The International Max Planck Research School on Cellular Biophysics (IMPRS-CBP) invites excellent graduate students in life sciences to apply for
fully funded PhD student positions.
The IMPRS-CBP is an international doctoral training program hosted by the Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, the Goethe University Frankfurt, the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, and the Frankfurt Institute of Advanced Studies.
Our mission is to train graduate students to tackle one of the ultimate biological challenges: to understand how complex subcellular architecture is created from individual molecular functions that act in concert.
- A wide range of state-of-the-art techniques for biophysical research, e.g. cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, NMR, mass spectrometry, high-resolution light microscopy, and large-scale computing
- An interdisciplinary research environment connecting biological sciences (structural biology, cell biology, neurobiology, molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, computational biology) with physics, mathematics, and chemistry
- Excellent working conditions with fully funded PhD positions and assistance in all organizational matters
- An outstanding supervision concept with multiple experienced and engaged supervisors
- The opportunity to build lasting networks in a collaborative research environment with ~30 internationally renowned PIs from the participating institutions
- An attractive living environment with the Rhine-Main region around Frankfurt/Main being an international scientific, financial, and cultural hub
- A strong community of PhD students jointly attending graduate courses
- An innovative teaching concept with professional and transferable skills workshops
Find out more about our faculty, equipment, and projects in three lab rotations before starting your doctoral research!
The closing date for applications is May 15, 2023.